CEP at CECAN workshop on understanding complexity
CEP's Dr Clare Twigger-Ross and Dr Bill Sheate will participate in a 1 day workshop on 9th June hosted by the Centre for the Evaluation of Complexity Across the Nexus (CECAN) to tackle the question of 'What is complexity?'.
Discussions will include:
- What are our different understandings of complexity?
- Examples of complexity in policy evaluation and design, and Nexus systems
- What factors in policy processes and Nexus systems make complexity difficult to handle?
- Sharing innovative ideas and approaches
- What tools can we bring/matching of tools to complex problems
- As a policy maker, how do I know I am dealing with a complex problem?
The workshop will focus on some of the real-world policy case studies put forward by CECAN's co-funders and provide an opportunity to plan a wider public 2 day residential workshop in September 2016.
The event is by invitation only.