The European Environment Agency (EEA) have published an 'Assessment of global megatrends — extended background analysis' that CEP contributed to. This technical report complements the State of the Environment Report (SOER) 2015's Assessment of global megatrends by providing additional information and data on each megatrend. It also provides background information on the research framework and processes that have underpinned the EEA's megatrend work since 2009.
CEP have contributed to much of the EEA's forward looking and megatrend work over this time and other related projects supported by CEP include:
- Assessment of global megatrends — an update Global megatrend 3: Changing disease burdens and risks of pandemics.
- EEA forward looking indicators for global Population change and Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- Mapping Europe’s Future: understanding the implications of global megatrends for European countries.
- Developing the forward looking component of the European Environment Agency Shared Environment Information System (SEIS) to support improved environmental assessment, including the compilation of catalogue of scenario studies.
- Developing the forward looking component of the European Environment Agency Shared Environment Information System (SEIS) to support improved environmental assessment
- Update to the BLOSSOM project (Bridging Long-term Scenario and Strategy analysis - Organisation and Methods) - support to analysis for long term governance and institutional arrangements
- Support to the EEA Article 5 FLIS project: Developing Forward-looking Information and Services at the national and regional level.
- Support to developing Forward-looking information and services (FLIS) and global megatrends fact sheets/indicators elaboration